So they also announced prices for:
- DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – 70 USD
- PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones 100 USD
- HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments 60 USD
- Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease 30 USD
- DualSense™ Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers 30 USD
The other bombshell they announced is that the new Horizon Forbidden West game is going to also launch on PS4. That is a little disappointing to hear for me. I really wished they were pushing the next-gen features fully and not doing some sort of half step. Fast travel should be a lot faster though.
Oh fuck, I guess they really are exploring the 70 USD price range for new titles. This is a bit disappointing, although you can just wait for sales if you really care about not paying full price.
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – 70 USD
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – 70 USD
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – 50 USD
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) –70 USD
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – 60 USD
Sony announced that preorders are going live tomorrow for the PS5 at select retailers. They better put out a time and not just the day or I’m going to be up until I can get one. Hopefully Amazon will have them at a reasonable time and with a decent supply to meet initial demand. Here’s hoping.
So the ball is officially rolling finally. After the leak yesterday, we got a price and date for the Series X.
Price – 499 USD
Release Date – November 10, 2020
I figured that after yesterday this would all happen and it’s just nice that it did. I do think they hit their price, and it’s a good price for what the system is capable of. They just need the games now, and backwards compatibility, payment plans, and game subscriptions will only get them so far.
I have the money to preorder one of these consoles, but if I also get the PS5 (which will happen), I’m just not sure what I’d use this one for. I’m not hating or anything, I just have a nice PC where I can play all the other games on with their PC game pass when the time is right.
The exciting part of this all is that it gives Sony the opportunity that they’ve been waiting for to finally put out price and release date for their launch.
The PS5 needs to release November 3 with a price of 499 USD for the disk version and 399 USD for the digital. The bad part of that date is that it’s election day and that will be a fucking nightmare in the garbage filled landscape of American news. Perhaps because of that, and assuming they can’t go into October (which I would just love), they can match the November 10 release day of the Series X.
Please just let me lock in my preorder and let me know how much money I’m going to be dropping Sony.